My life list. Not something I had really thought about until today. Oh, I had tried a “40 before 40″ list, but that didn’t go very far. Maybe I wasn’t in the right place. Who knows if I am now. Alas, after reading this by Jeanne, then following her link to Erin, who credits Maggie with starting this whole movement, I decided to take the plunge. These wildly inspiring women have given me the push I needed to make a list of things that I dream of doing. Some of them are simple, some a bit outrageous, but all are potentially do-able. I will admit it took me a while to come up with 50. What does that say about me? Does it say I don’t have a lot of dreams? Does it mean that by struggling to find them, I am holding myself back, not believing I can do them? Or does it mean that I feel like my life is so wonderful, filled with such amazing people and incredible adventures, that I can’t imagine dreaming for more. I don’t know, truly. But I did get a list put together, and I plan to stick with this one, crossing off things as I complete them. The interesting thing will be seeing if I am able to get them done – I am excited to try! Any suggestions, assistance, or support that you might offer in completing this list will be greatly appreciated.
My Life List
1. make money making photos- check!!
2. plant a garden that sustains us through the summer
3. keep bees
spend a summer in France with my family travel to shoot humanitarian efforts
5. rent a cabin on the island my grandparents lived on with my family for a week in the summer
6. take a writing workshop
7. go on a road trip
8. go to Alameda with girlfriends- spring with two fabulous friends- check!
9. own a Frenchie – CHECK! meet M. Petit Louis!!
10. go on a trip with my mom
11. take each of my boys on a special “just for them” trip
12. learn to pull Mabel
13. visit the village where my French ancestors lived
14. see the grave of my great great great great grandfather in France
15. go back to India
16. visit Vietnam
17. travel to Africa (and bring a little girl back…)
18. start an annual girls get-away long weekend with inspiring friends- it’s started – Check!
19. rent an apartment in Paris for a few weeks by myself
20. collect all the old family recipes I have and put them together in a usable format
21. shoot a roll of film
22. be hired to shoot a business for their marketing/PR
23. make butter
24. have a proper family photo taken
make a new recipe every day for a month find a way to leave a legacy
26. Do a website make-over
27. visit my brother and sister-in-law in Arizona
28. visit my brother and sister-in-law in Colorado
29. go on a trip with my dad and all of my boys
30. rent a cottage on the beach in hawaii with our boys
visit the “other” Blackberry Farm find a run down piece of property and renovate it into a wonderful home away from home
32. replace all broken glass panels in any of our windows
33. build a deck off of our kitchen- getting so close on this one!
34. put french doors out to the deck
35. visit the south pacific
36. learn to make tagine
37. raise meat chickens
38. take a class at the pantry at Delancey- or two – Check!
39. build a greenhouse
40. host a farm-to-table dinner on the farm
41. eliminate the excess clutter in our home
42. shoot a cheese shop in Paris
43. visit Paris on business
44. stay in a cabin by myself for a weekend with no technology to experience silence
45. take #4 to the peninsula – and any other # that wants to go
46. shop only at farmer’s markets for a month
47. renew our vows in a terribly romantic ceremony
48. meet Ina Garten- Check!
49. see the upper east coast in the autumn- Check- Autumn 2012
50. complete everything in this list